Carne Asada Tacos
Makes 8 Tacos
- 8 Mission® Street Tacos Flour Tortillas, warmed
- 1 lb. flank steak, trimmed of fat
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- ½ cup queso quesadilla cheese, shredded
- ½ cup favorite salsa, red or green
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Sour cream
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp. lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tbsp. garlic (6 cloves), freshly minced
- 1 tbsp. onion, finely minced
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- In small skillet, over medium heat, place all marinade ingredients, only excluding cilantro leaves. Heat until mixture is hot (2 to 3 minutes); let cool.
- Place flank steak in a large resealable plastic bag; add cooled marinade and cilantro leaves. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- One hour before grilling, take meat out of refrigerator and let sit on counter.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove steak from marinade and discard leftover marinade.
- Cook steak for 5 minutes on first side, turn over and cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until thermometer reaches at least 145° F.
- Slice steak across grain into thin slices.
- Place several slices of steak in the center of one corn tortilla, add ¼ cup of shredded lettuce, 1 tbsp. shredded queso cheese, 1 tbsp. of salsa, and 1 slice of avocado. If desired, garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a slice of lime. Repeat with remaining tortillas and ingredients.