Chicken Tikka Masala Tacos
Makes 4-6 Street Tacos
- 4-6 Mission® Street Tacos White Corn Tortillas
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts (or try Paneer or Tofu)
- 4 tbsp. tikka masala paste (packaged)
- ¾ cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 2 tbsp. butter or ghee
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp. chopped ginger and garlic
- 1 ½ cups tomato puree
- ¾ cup heavy cream or coconut milk
- Basmati rice and cilantro for serving (optional)
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Marinate with 1 tablespoon of masala paste and the yogurt for at least 30 minutes (or up to 4 hours) in the refrigerator.
- Once marinating is complete, melt butter in a large, deep skillet over medium high heat and add the remaining masala paste. Allow to fry for 1 minute, then add onion, garlic and ginger.
- Add the chicken/yogurt mixture and sauté until the chicken is
- Lastly, add the tomato puree and cream/coconut milk and allow to simmer for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens and chicken is thoroughly cooked. Season with salt, as desired.
- Warm tortillas for 10-15 seconds on each side in an ungreased pan. On each tortilla, lay a small bed of rice and top with chicken tikka masala mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro for garnish, if desired.