Chorizo and Egg Street Tacos
Makes 8 Tacos
- 16 Mission® Street Tacos Corn Tortillas, warmed
- ½ lb. chorizo sausage
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped red peppers
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly cracked pepper
- 1 avocado, sliced
- In medium skillet over medium high heat, cook chorizo sausage, stirring to break meat into smaller pieces, until almost fully cooked (5 to 6 minutes). Add chopped onion, peppers, and tomato. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are just tender (3 to 4 minutes).
- Remove meat mixture from pan. In same skillet, add eggs, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring gently, until eggs are just cooked.
- Using two stacked corn tortillas, add 3 tablespoons meat mixture, 2 tablespoons scrambled eggs and 1 avocado slice. Repeat with remaining tortillas and ingredients. Easy and delicious.