Jamaican Jerk Shrimp Tacos
Makes 4-6 Street Tacos
- 4-6 Mission® Street Tacos Corn Tortillas, warmed
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 Tbsp. Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 2 c. shredded cabbage
- ½ lime, cut into wedges for garnish
- 1/2 c. diced mango and/or pineapple
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
- 1/3 c. slivered red onion
- ½ lime
- To prepare salsa: Combine mango (or pineapple), cilantro,
red onion and half of a squeezed lime. Set aside.
- In medium sized bowl toss together melted butter, raw shrimp, and Jamaican jerk seasoning
- Preheat skillet to medium high and add oil. Fry shrimp in preheated pan for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden crusted.
- Assemble tacos by layering shrimp, cabbage and mango salsa.
- Serve with lime wedges.