Makes 10-12 Empanadas
- 10-12 Mission® Street Tacos Flour Tortillas
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- ⅓ cup canned corn, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- ⅛ tsp. each salt and pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ cup guacamole
- ¾ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Egg wash (1 egg, 2 tbsp. water, pinch of salt)
- In a large bowl, mix minced jalapeño, corn, black beans, salt, pepper and ground cumin.
- Warm tortillas for 10-15 seconds on each side in an ungreased
pan, making them more pliable and ready for filling. Place 2 teaspoons of filling, ½ teaspoon guacamole and a sprinkle of shredded cheese in the center of the flour tortilla.
- Fold over tortilla and moisten edges with egg wash; press to
seal with fork. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Place all empanadas in a baking tray coated with cooking spray. Lightly brush empanadas with additional egg wash for shine. Bake
at 425°F for 4-5 on each side until golden brown.