Thai Chicken Tacos with Peanut Sauce
Makes 12 Tacos
- 24 MissionⓇ Street Tacos Corn Tortillas, warmed
- ½ cup creamy unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1” piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into ½” cubed chunks (about 1 pound)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and very thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Chopped green onion
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high. Add chicken and salt and cook. Stir until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, and ½ of cup water. Keep warm, whisking occasionally.
- Serve chicken with 2 stacked tortillas per taco. Top with cabbage, pepper, carrot, cilantro, and green onion. Drizzle tacos with peanut sauce.