Thai Tofu Tacos
Makes 4-6 Street Tacos
- 4-6 Mission® Street Tacos Flour Tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 c. rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/2 medium red onion, slivered
- 1 14 oz. can coconut milk
- 2 oz. red curry paste
- 6 oz. tofu, drained, cut into cubes
- 1 c. la choy crispy rice noodles
- 1/4 c. sliced pepperoncini/small pickled peppers
- 1/2 c. chopped cilantro
- 1/2 c bean sprouts
- lime wedges, for garnish
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine rice vinegar, water, and slivered red onions to quick pickle. Let sit for an hour or more depending on desired pickling.
- In a small sauce pan, whisk together coconut milk and red curry paste, bring to boil. Stir in tofu and allow to simmer for a few minutes. Turn off stove, set pan aside away from heat.
- Assemble taco with tofu and red curry. Top with pickled red onion, crispy rice noodles, bean sprouts and sliced pepperoncini.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and lime wedges.